Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Oreo Cupcakes Oooh la la

Another successful cupcake idea for Garrison's upcoming 2nd birthday! Today I set out to make a test batch of Cookies & Cream Frosting to pair with some chocolate cupcakes. Cupcakes which I didn't plan on making with this recipe since it was just a small test batch. But then the frosting looked so delicious and I couldn't let it go to waste. Besides, my kitchen was already a mess and my husband, who was going to work in about 2 hours could easily take these off my hands and share with some of the guys at the office. When I first dreamt up these cupcakes I had planned to make the chocolate cake from a box (disgraceful right?). I didn't have any cake mix in my pantry, so I found a quick chocolate cupcake recipe and had them baked and cooling just 20 minutes later. I popped them in the freezer and iced them after another 15 minutes, after which came time for the taste test. Honestly, I don't think I ever want to make chocolate cake from a box again! The cake was moist and delicious and the frosting was rich and sweet! My husband thought they were so good that he wanted to eat them for lunch...but I convinced him to save these for dessert :).

No comments:

Post a Comment